Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Getting the wheelchair from Karen Goins was amazing! First, it was great to meet Karen and her husband, Larry, and mother-in-law, Anna. They are all incredibly nice people. We spent an hour or two cruising around a Michael’s store in Williamsburg. Karen was looking for some pens to use on adult coloring books. It was so much fun to be able to move around the aisles on my own, and to hang out with Karen. She’s great!

Butterflies represent people with MS. We are each as beautiful.
(http://michellezelli.com/blog/10-adult-coloring-books-to-help-you-de-stress-and-self-express/)


Larry showed my husband all he needed to know about the wheelchair. The two of them swapped some NASA stories, too. A great guy!


One of the things I wasn’t expecting was how great it was to be with someone who was a lot like me from multiple sclerosis (MS). Because of the way we were both impacted I found myself grinning from ear-to-ear and laughing! I didn’t know what I was missing, not being with people who can understand. I could be a person without having to prove anything. I just was me! It was the best feeling!

Here’s a pic of Karen and I in our wheelchairs. Thank you, Karen! You made my year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment